What is massage therapy?
Massage therapy involves the manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons, and ligaments) to enhance health and wellbeing. It includes various clinical styles of massage such a remedial massage, sports massage or relaxation massage, depending on the clients’ specific condition and needs.
What are the benefits of it?
People use massage therapy for either general relaxation and wellbeing, or to address a specific complaint, such as pain or limited range of motion. Some of the general benefits of massage therapy may include:
- Physical relaxation
- Improved circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
- Relief for tight muscles (knots) and other aches and pains
- Release of nerve compression (carpel tunnel, sciatica)
- Greater flexibility and range of motion
- Enhanced energy and vitality
How can it help me?
Massage therapy can help reduce your symptoms of musculoskeletal pain, increase joint mobility and flexibility, reduce the production of stress hormones, reduce soft tissue injury recovery times, and even reduce anxiety and depression symptoms.
If you would like more information on our massage therapies like sports massage and remedial massage, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0415 815 688.